Top 10 Tips For Those Moving to the City
What?! It happens! Sometimes people move to the city. Maybe they are athletes or maybe they just want to fill their Foursquare feed with more hipster places…either way, it happens.
Here are some tips from Punching Kitty skewed towards people from the area that are moving to the city. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
10. If you called it Missou-rah, that’s fine. Stop now though.
9. We’d like to say “Get rid of your truck.” but we can’t. Lots of people have them, though we aren’t sure why.
8. If you’re from out west, this is a black guy:
They’re cool, so you be too.
7. Hey, nice trendy neighborhood! …Guess what though, 6 months ago an old lady was shot so someone could steal her food stamps 2 blocks away from your fancy place. No matter how many tapas restaurants you have in walking distance, it all St. Louis. You want to be an uppity little bitch about your neighborhood? Move to Ladue. Otherwise, don’t compare neighborhoods you don’t know about. City veterans hate that.
6. Cardinal games are great when the “trip” home is all of 10 minutes max.
5. You want to eat a restaurant? Tons of options. You want to go to a grocery store? Your options are too ghetto or too fancy. The county still has us beat on this one.
4. This is an example of two dudes kissing. It doesn’t happen all the time, but if you wander by Manchester & Sarah on a Saturday night, we don’t want you to be surprised.
Click through the jump to read the top 3![Read More]