Initial reactions to watching Pujols on the David Letterman Show last night:
– What an odd choice of a song to walk Pujols out to.
– Julio Franco was the player of choice for little Albert?
– Wow. Forgot how much this guy needs a spanglish translator.
– Dave asked him what team is “laughable”, but Pujols didn’t answer. You were thinking of the Pirates Albert.
– “I don’t like to guess [on the pitch coming].”
– Pujols is getting a few laughs.
– Pujols’ kid is playing “kid pitch” little league ball. He gets angry when he strikes out.
– Dennis Leary is going to pitch. Here’s hoping Albert takes his head with that Red Sox hat clean off.
– Haven’t watched Letterman in a while. He’s usually funnier than this isn’t he?
– Letterman is up first. He’s not good. Leary is worse though.
– Pujols takes the first pitch from Leary. Good eye.
– Leary hit Pujols. Charge that bitch!
– It was a pretty quick batting practice. Kind of a waste of time. A few good hits though.
Pujols came off looking great. Good in front of the camera. At the end he looked right in to the camera and said “Mets, Yankees…you got a year and a half.” We kid.