We have a secret to divulge…we monitor all of your “tweets.” Yes, all of them. Most are fine, a few are great, and a bunch are so horrible that it makes us want to kick and old lady down the stairs and then pee on her. True story, and we want to remind you that feelings can’t be wrong.
Let’s just get right down to it: You’ve seriously got to stop tweeting song lyrics. Stop it. Stop it right now. It doesn’t make you deep, and frankly it doesn’t even really help the artist themselves seem deep. Right now, assuming you do this, and you know if you do, you’re saying “Whatever. That band I like has totally amazing lyrics that have gotten me through some tough times! They are poets man!” We aren’t sure how to break this to you, but writing stuff that sounds deep isn’t tough and lots of bands that are universally recognized as crap have done it plenty of times. Examples? So glad you asked!
Here are 5 totally deep sounding lyric tweets that any kid with dark hair permanently in their eyes could poop out of their keyboard and other emo kids would be all like “Wow. Totally been there man. I so feel these lyrics.”…but wait, what’s this? A hash tag signifying the artist? …what the f*ck?! Wham? Wham sang that? Now I hate these lyrics that so recently moved me!
1. She sits alone by a lamppost, trying to find a thought that’s escaped her mind.
2. Can’t believe, All the lies that you told, Just to ease your own soul.
3. There’s a path you take and a path untaken. The choice is up to you my friend.
4. If you feel like dancing, well come on, it’s up to you.
5. Dance a little stranger, show me where you’ve been. Love can make you hostage wanna do it again
The matching hashtags for each of these totally deep emotional tweets are after the jump!
Also in protest of these heinous Twitter crimes, we will be tweeting select lyrics from KC & JoJo songs throughout the day so even the music tweeters can know the pain these cause.[Read More]